Welcome to Duliajan College General Information Cell. Click on the following to get detailed information.
Student's responsibilities of learning
The students shall
Appreciate the goals and the objectives of the college and contribute to the realisation of the same by participating in relavant activities.
- Have a clear knowledge of the programme, admission practices, rules and regulations of the colege.
- Undertake regular and intense student of learning resources and other support services available in the college.
- Prepare for internal-assessments and term-end examinations.
- Give feedback for system improvement.
- Have faith and ability to pursue life-long learning.
- Live as worthy alumni of the College.
It is strictly compulsory for the students to come to the college in uniform.
The college uniform is as described below
- White Shirt
- Black Pants
- Black Shoes
- Black Sweater
- White Mekhela Chadar with green border and white blouse.
- White Salwar/Suridar/Kurta with Green Churni.
- Black Pumpshoe
- Black Sweater
Kurtas must follow the following specifications
- Length should be 1 inch above knee.
- Necks should be square or round.
- Neckline (Front) should be 4 inch low.
- Neckline (Back) should be 2 inch low.
Things that are not allowed.
- For Boys: Fancy pants are strictly prohibited.
- For Girls: Leggings are not allowed.
- For Boys and Girls: Blazer, Coat, Jacket, Caps are not allowed.
Rules and Information
Eligibility rules for appearing examinations.
The students shall
- A student must attend 80% of the lectures delivered in each subject to be eligible for appearing in the examination. Non-Collegiate and Dis-Collegiate rules and regulations will be maintained strictly.
- The sports person will be treated as present if sent by the college for competitions outside the collge for participation or practice.
- Submission of the examination form (University/Council) obtained from the college office shall be the sole responsibility of the student.
- Every student must check-up with the college office that his/her examination form has been received in the office for its onward submission to Dibrugarh University or Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC).
- College internal examination : The college conducts two unit/sessional tests every year.
- The students who failed to appear in the unit test/sessional test will not be allowed to sit in the Final Examination
General rules of the college.
- All the power of maintaining discipline is vested with the Principal and his decisions shall be final in such matters.
- The students are bound by all the rules and regulations made by the college from time to time.
- Any matter not specifically mentioned in these rules is subjected to discretion of the Principal who reserves the right to modify these rules as and when felt necessary.
- Guardians are presumed to have agreed to these rules when their wards join the college.
- All the departments of the college (including library) will function according to the rules formulated by the Principal on that behalf from time to time.
- Codes of good character and conduct should be observed by all.
- Action will be taken against those found indulging in activities detrimental to the honor of the college.
- The misbehaviour will be acouse for disciplinary action.
- The students should take itto be their bounden duty to keep the college premises clean.
- Any student found loitering and causing disturbance in the corridors during class hours is liable to be charged with violation of college discipline.
- Formation of any society or association by the students within the college is not permitted without the prior approval of the Principal.
- Only such societies and associations as have been recognised by the Principal shall have the facilities of the college premises.
- All notices desired to be pasted or circulated by the students anywhere in the college and hostel premises shall require the prior approval of the Principal.
- Invitation to any outsider to address or entertain the students anywhere in the college or hostel without permission of the Principal is prohibited.
- The college reserves the right to expel any student at any time for any reason deemed sufficient by the Principal towards causing indiscipline in the college campus.
- Students are required to read the noticeboard of the college. The college shall not accept responsibility for any loss/damage incurred by a student owing to his/her failure to read the displayed notice in time.
- As per recommendation of UGC and as per directive from Supreme Court of India, ragging is prohibited in all educational institutions. Anybody found guilty of indulging in the act of ragging in any form inside or outside the college campus shall be debarred from getting admission for life in educational institution/ will be rusticated for a period of one to four years. The anti-ragging committee appointed by the college authority will adopt a zero tolerance approach towards ragging.
- Students are required to show regard to the college property. Any student found guilty of tempering/damaging the college property (fixtures, equipments, furniture, books, building, etc.) shall be punished and is liable to be expelled from the college.
- To set a noble example in the academic history of the region, the authorities of Duliajan College has declared the college campus a no-smoking zone and have prohibited the sale of tobacco products within 100 metre radius of the college campus. Severe disciplinary action to the extent of expelling/rusticating the violator be it the staff, teacher or the student of the college is what the college authorities have planned to deal with the matter. This move has been initiated in order tomaintain a conductive academic atmosphere in the campus as well as to enforce strict discipline among the staff and the students of the premier institution. The order has been served as per the government's rule prohibiting smoking inside any educational institutions and sale of tobacco products in the vicinity of the institution.
- Use of mobile phone is strictly prohibited within the college campus. The college reserves the right to expel the student found with mobile phone in college campus.
- Any student found guilty of adoption of unfair means in examination will be instantly expelled form the campus.
- Students should apply for leave in written form duly countersigned by parents or authorized guardian. The name of the studentwho remains absent from college for 10 consecutive days without prior permission, shall be struck off college rolls.
- Students' attendents in class is compulsory. A student must attend at least 80% of the lectures delivered in each subject to be eligible for appearing in Final Examinations. Scolarships holder must attend atleast 85% of the lectures delivered in each subject to be eligible for continuity of scholarships. Non-collegiate and Dis-collegiate rules and regulations will be maintained strictly.
- Fees under various heads as applicable must be paid at the time of admission and on schedule date as notified by the principal of the college. Defaulters will not be allowed to sit in the examination or their result will be kept withheld.
- Admission fees will be motified at the time of admission. The fees to be deposited to the respective bank by the students through three fold (student's copy, bank copy, office copy) bank slip. The three fold bank slip will be supplied from the college office.